ContactSchloss Leuk - Administration und Reservation
Tel. +41 (0)27 473 10 94
Naturpark Pfyn-Finges - For the bishops this was the summer residence - for rogues and criminals it was dungeons and the torture chamber: the bishop's castle or "rogues' tower".
More used to take place in the bishop's castle or "rogues' tower" facts and figures would suggest today: power politics, peace agreements, meetings of the regional parliament, intrigues, torture, death sentences and witches' trials.
Star architect Mario Botta restored the castle. The aim was to provide an interface of past and future, a place of creative exchange and inspiration. A starting point for development, art, tourism, recreation, encounters, information and communication.
The bishop's castle, with its glass dome designed by Mario Botta, reigns on the hill high above the valley floor. The castle was first mentioned in a document in 1254. Then it served as the steward's residence. The castle was severely damaged along with the neighbouring tower of the vice-dominus during the Raron conflict in 1415. It was only 60 years later that it was turned into a summer residence. Later the castle served as a meeting place for the Valais state parliament.
The offer is suitable for
- Children from 7-12 years
- Children >12 years