FoodTrail - Paper chase
Naturpark Pfyn-Finges - Along the Food Trail, extensive views and thrilling insights into everything around wine await you in the Pfyn-Finges Nature Park. The southerly ambience in Valais and the landscape assets invite you to to discover Nature Park with all your senses.
Here our new culinary experience - a Food Trail in the Pfyn-Finges Nature Park - is recommended. The bookable offer is an enjoyable paper chase for your family and friends, for your club or your company. By solving puzzles, you will find the culinary enjoyment stops. You will be rewarded here with a culinary regional speciality or with a special experience. And a new puzzle will be awaiting you. Can you find the next stop with it?
Wine and other grape products are at the focal point of this Food Trail. It leads you though an impressive and near-natural cultivated vineyards and terraced landscape. In addition, a magnificent panorama of the wild flowing River Rhone awaits you as well as interesting, cultural sights.
The Food Trail gives you and your team an attractive experience. Besides this, you have eaten and drunk.
Mathieu Bakery, Sustenstrasse 10, 3952 Susten (5min from Leuk railway station)
There you will receive the start envelope with the 1st puzzle.
- 9.50 km
- Time required
- 4 - 6h
- Level technique
- Level condition
You can start on the following days and within these times:
Monday to Saturday from 08:30 - 10:30 am
- Stop 4 is closed at midday on Mon - Fri (12:00 - 13:30h)
- Stop 4 closes on Saturdays at 15:00h
- Stop 5 closes on Saturdays at 16:00h
- There is a public transport connection for the return journey to the starting point into the evening hours (at least 1 per hour).
- Vegetarians: A vegetarian alternative will always be offered at the individual culinary enjoyment stops. Vegan options are not available.
- Dogs: Dogs are welcomed in principle. The rules of the respective shop/restaurant are valid for the culinary enjoyment stops.
- Wheelchair/prams The Food Trail follows dirt tracks for a few metres in two places. These can be by-passed with small diversions.
SignalizationThe way is signalized.
Safety advicesInsurance is the responsibility of the participants
Possibilities for cateringVegetarians: A vegetarian alternative will always be offered at the individual culinary enjoyment stops. Vegan options are not available.
Price informationAdults: CHF 49.-
Children (6-12 years): CHF 30.-
Family ticket*: CHF 140.-
*2 adults plus 2 children (each additional child CHF 20.-, children must be accompanied by an adult, children under 6 years free of charge and can eat with the parents.
- Enjoy regional specialities at 6 stops (eating and drinking)
- Enjoyment and suspense with the puzzles
- Experience landscapes and points of interest in an original way
Duration approx. 5 - 6 hours, you are free in the temporal organization. Distance approx. 9.5 km, pure hiking time 3 hours. It is not a circular trail, but from the 6th stop you can comfortably return to the railway station Leuk by train (not included) in 5 minutes.
The return journey by public transport to the starting point of the Food Trail is not included.
At the end of the FoodTrail there are public transport connections back to the starting point (weekdays: 1/2 h-cycle / weekends: 1 h-cycle).
Pay parking at Leuk station.
The offer is suitable for
- Children < 6 years
- Children from 7-12 years
- Children >12 years
The offer has been particularly developed for