Federal Office for the Environment
Tel.: +41 (0)58 462 93 89
In practice, the Rural areas Section looks after the parks under the direction of Dr. Matthias Stremlow. Simone Remund heads the interdisciplinary parks team.
- advises and accompanies the cantons and the park sponsorships during the development of their projects,
- prepares guidelines, reference books and further documents,
- checks the applications and the founding documents (landscape evaluation, management plan, Charta, etc.),
- awards the label «candidate» for the establishment phase and the label «park of national importance» for the operating phase,
- concludes a program agreement with the cantons for each park and
- determines the level of financial support.